Real Estate Marketing
The most important part of becoming successful in real estate is knowing how to market yourself! There are many aspects to marketing and I will touch on a few.
- Branding Yourself!
- It is important to increase awareness in your community of your services. You want the world to know what you do. This means you need to network with as many people as you can. Go to events, join networking groups, and get in as much face to face interaction as possible with members of your community that can potentially be your clients or refer clients to you. Use social networks such as facebook, instagram, twitter, linkenin, etc… to reach an audience you typically wouldn’t encounter in person.
- Know how to carry yourself. Dress for success! How you carry yourself and how you present yourself can make or break you. It is important that your appearance conveys that you are a real estate professional. Most people will judge you the first second they lay eyes on you. It is important your potential client has not scratched you off the list of people to do business with before you even open your mouth.
- Word of Mouth
- One of the most important tools of Real Estate Marketing is word of mouth. You will find this tool to be your main money maker. People trust a referral more than any ad money can buy. In real estate most of your business will come from referrals. So it is very important you have people talking about you and your services positively. So make sure customer service is impeccable.
- Target Your Market
- Define your target market
i. Residential, commercial or land. Age range, income, neighborhood, the list goes on.
ii. Do you want to specialize in low end homes, mid range homes or high end homes? All of these questions are very important because the marketing for each of these price points are very different.
iii. What is your purpose of marketing
- Are you marketing to get clients to buy from you? Are you marketing to get listings? Are you marketing to find people that need to sell? This list goes on.
- How to reach your potential clients
i. Mail, specific websites, cold calling (telemarketing), calling people you know that might need your service, social networks, search engines , publications, and other various methods.
- Follow up with Leads
- Typically you will not get the business on the first conversation. It is extremely important to follow up with everyone. Follow up is KEY!
i.You must be persistent in this business, you may get turned town multiple times by the same person before they eventually give you a change to work with them. Most people can respect persistence.
- But do not be pushy! Never push a client. If you push a client or potential clients to do something they are not ready to do this is the best way to lose business.
- Closing your clients
- Have all the specific paper work you need so you can make each deal official.